Perfect Game Collegiate Baseball League
Stitch the Mascot

2013 PGCBL West Division Champs

Elmira Pioneers Help "Strike Out" Breast Cancer, Recognize Breast Cancer Survivors, and Honor Hope Nominees

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 | Categories:

ELMIRA: When the Elmira Pioneers take the field against the Newark Pilots on Saturday, July 25th, the team will be sporting pink uniforms as they help to “Strike Out” Beast Cancer. Historic Dunn Field will be decorated in Pink to drive home the message of breast cancer awareness and to show its support of the Komen Twin Tiers affiliate, based in Elmira.  Komen Twin Tiers will be on hand with information, give-away’s, and merchandise to help support its mission of raising awareness and ending breast cancer. Proceeds from a uniform auction following the game will also benefit the agency.


Along with raising awareness and financial support, the event will also recognize breast cancer survivors and their co-survivors.  In addition, stories that have been submitted by individuals to recognize heroism in the breast cancer battle will be acknowledged, and Honoring Hope nominees and recipients will be recognized.


Attendees may also honor a special breast cancer patient/survivor or remember a loved one by purchasing a Tribute that will be displayed at the stadium for $5.


“We are honored that the Elmira Pioneers have chosen to support the local fight against breast cancer,” said Amanda Beecher Eubanks, Executive Director of Komen Twin Tiers.  “As with all of our fundraisers, 75% of the funds raised at the game remain right here in our local community to provide mammograms to uninsured and underinsured women, financial support for patients facing barriers to care, and education. The remaining 25% funds research through the Susan G. Komen National Research Program that is finding the solutions that will end breast cancer.”


Tickets may be purchased for the Pink in the Park at Dunn Field or at the Komen Twin Tiers offices, located at 244 W. Water Street, Elmira.